• SEARCH BOX

Combine Jetty and Spring Application Context

Spring's Logo The goal of this post is to use one xml configuration file which is Spring's applicationContext.xml and load it only once for the duration of the application running in an embedded jetty server. Read more...

Tutorial on Android Layout

A thumbnail of adroid. Android is an open source platform for mobile devices. Not a hardware. It is a software stack as defined by Google. Encase your not familiar with the term, software stack is compose of an Operating System(OS), middle-ware and the key applications. Read more...

Hi, my name's Paul Labis.

I'm a developer in Makati City, Philippines. Focused on building online Java/J2EE based applications. I'm interested in freelance or part-time work from home.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello World by Techie Boy

This is my first article post so its a Hello World article! Its hello world because most of developers do the very first application regardless of any technology that is being use, they begin by displaying a "hello world" on a computer screen or may vary with regards to its intention.

Moving forward, I'm Paul Labis. Sole writer & owner of this blog. I am a graduate of the degree in Information Management from Ateneo de Cagayan University and working as a Software Engineer in Orange & Bronze Software Labs. 

I like anything related to information technology. I am also an Open Source believer. That sums up my explanation why I am inclined to Java programming, Groovy & Grails, App Engine, Python & DJango and other Open Source Frameworks.

You might be interested a bit on the reason why do I blog. Well, I'd say its primarily because I wanted to contribute and share my knowledge to everyone else who might need a hand. At first, my motivation was money but it was not enough and so for a while, I stopped blogging. Until such time and out off boredom, I reflected on a tutorial written by IBM about the groovy scripting language. I was able to reflect that if it wasn't because of this tutorial, I would not have accomplish my task. So I was deeply thinking and prospered on my decision that if I have an idle time, I'd spent it on making articles that would help other people do their task while at the same time enjoying and learning the new stuff.

I know that there are a lot of good writers on-line publishing much relevant articles as I may have, but here is a thing, I don't care... Yes! I don't really care... I know am a horrible writer though. But, whatever that is your thinking, practice results to improvement and everyone knows that..

I hope you'll enjoy my blog articles and good luck. If you have relevant concerns, please feel free to drop an email at paullabis@gmail.com.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Author

Followers

Techie Projects

Open Source